Saturday, 14 November 2020

Today I listen to Gauri Sawant

 

Today I listen to Gauri Sawant. (TEDx event)

 

You must have seen her in the recent ad of Vicks India.

 

Gauri Sawant is a 37-year-old transgender social activist. Born as Ganesh Suresh Sawant, she was born and raised in a guarded family in Pune.

 

The heart touching thing that she said when she was a kid people asked her what will you be when you grow up, she confessed I want to be a Mother. People laughed at her and said you are a boy and not competent to become a mother.

 

God grants her wish and today she is a mother and not only caring for one child, but she also helps many people too.

In her puberty, Gauri realized that she is different from others. Yes, she is different not only by gender but also with her smart and great thinking. She fought for her rights. Sometimes I feel that we all live in one society then why we treat some people badly and disrespect them.

 

It's a time to fight for your rights, preferences, and opportunities otherwise you will come to be a part of the crowd.

 

In her last 15 min speech, she was wishing to all HR managers of the companies that please bring some policies in the company where transgender can be the part of your company and able to work like other people' and then she said I don't want to say anything more 'Warna mera make-up khrab go jayga' (I will not say much otherwise my makeup will go bad)

 

She truly teaches us how to fight for our rights and emotions. No one has the power to put restrictions on our dreams and passion #Respect for her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment